1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy and numeracy planning schemes

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by BLRPH05, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I don't use a specific scheme for literacy...good job too as i teach this in a very cross curricular way and wouldn't get this from a scheme. But we do have collins maths accross the school, this provides daily lesson plans for each unit which i adjust accordingly and it has other activities that can be set up in different areas in the classroom. I don't feel that it has enough calculation activities and it goes too deep on other things like symmetry and money (don't get me wrong, i do cover these but not in the depth that it goes into in the scheme).

2. Thanks. I too do cross curricular but have been told that I should have a scheme to broadly follow and adapt as I go.

3. well, i suppose the MTPs that are from county are a sort of guidance and I have used a couple of the good ones.
    I just make sure i cover all of the ELG's! :)