1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Listening practice with Microsoft Teams

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Bungie, May 20, 2020.

1. Bungie

Bungie New commenter

I teach ESOL to very weak foreign students at a college in the UK. Apologies for posting on MFL, but the ESOL forum seems to get very little traffic. During lockdown the students have returned to their countries and the staff have been told to teach online with Microsoft Teams. How are colleagues managing listening practice? Some students inevitably join the lesson late (different time zones, etc.) so I would like to post sound files and the listening exercises in Teams, but I don't think it is possible to open a sound file and a document file simultaneously. Also our sound files are WMA (Windows Media Audio.) If some students have Apple equipment, will they be able to open these files? It is not always possible for students to access other websites to do listening, as they may be blocked in their countries.

2. msr2015

msr2015 New commenter

Hiya, easiest thing to do is share your screen then play the file from your window. The sounds come out really well on their end and you can have either your PowerPoint or a web page on display (ie interactive text book). I’d recommend recording the lesson and posting it so that other students can catch up. It also supports you for safeguarding.

ACOYEAR8 likes this.