1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

List of Improvements for TES Resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Shamster, Apr 6, 2017.

1. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

10% of sales leaving a review is about right. Better than I thought actually!

2. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Agree that it needs a major shake up. I have 1264 sales so far and more free downloads but only 93 reviews which are mainly on free resources.

I love this idea as it would give you a chance to act on feedback and improve resources. It could be free for so many and then credited or we could have the option to open them as preview resources for a set number of downloads before going 'live'.

3. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

@charliep86 @TES Resource Team can we please get something which says ''Number of Sales TODAY'', ''Todays Royalties'' It would be nice to see, quote how well you did today.

4. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

I find a monthly summary depressing enough....

Shamster likes this.
  5. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

Hello @sarah277 - sorry to hear you've been struggling since the updates. We've made a bunch of changes since the new dashboard went out to make it easier and quicker for authors to access the information they need - could you please let me know which information you're finding it hard to access, and which steps you're taking to do so?

With regards to the other issues you raised:

- 'Net Earnings' is the total royalty you've earned for a given month; 'Account balance' is the current available royalty in your account. The latter changes with you withdraw your royalties.

- Which resource(s) are these? Could you please let me know the titles of these resources, so that we can investigate this.

- The 'Download' figures in the dashboard relate to your free resources only. 'Sales' is the metric used for your paid resources. We have recently changed the labels across the dashboard to help make this clearer.

- I'm not sure which information or which box you are referring to - could you please let us know this? It would also be handy to know which browser and device you are using, so that we can look to replicate and resolve the issue.

If you could drop us an email at authors@tes.com, we can look to get these issues resolved for you asap.

Many thanks,

Charlie

6. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

Hate to quote myself but it's quite typical of TES that no-one has followed this up and dealt with it. This site is full of stolen material that the TES aren't prepared to do anything about.

LanguageArtsLab likes this.
  7. Tigerlearn

Tigerlearn New commenter

Something I've just noticed - We can't search for resources on the mobile version anymore. I don't think I ever BOUGHT anything on the mobile version, but I have certainly searched a lot and added them to the saved list for later.
    It seems we're not helping sales much by not allowing that.

8. mrajlong

It's still there! :eek:

LanguageArtsLab likes this.
  9. mrajlong

I once wrote an assembly based on George's Marvellous Medicine (many years ago and before the "Premium Days") and put it on here for free. It was just a bit of fun, but at the end of the day a breach of copyright (was a bit ignorant to it in those days). At some point it was reported to TES and it was removed and I was sent an email. If this can happen for a free resource that I would have in no way ever profited from, why is it NOT happening when people clearly ARE profiting from this practice.

PS Just checked that a resource I came across which was peddling resources from a free website, and which I reported, is still on here....unsurprisingly it is :(:mad:

10. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Because they didn't make any money themselves from your assembly ;)

mrajlong likes this.
  11. jemmadaniels

jemmadaniels New commenter Staff Member

Hi @Tigerlearn it is still possible to search all resources via the mobile site, this feature has not changed. The search bar appears at the top of the page when on the Resources section of Tes.com.

Please see screen grab below -

upload_2017-5-8_10-59-30.png

Many thanks,
    Jemma

12. Tigerlearn

Tigerlearn New commenter

ah! So it does. Thanks :)