1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

List of Improvements for TES Resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Shamster, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

Yes, these would be grrreaaattt..............

Tigerlearn likes this.
  2. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

We've just pushed out a change that allows you to quickly show and open all the resources in your list at the click of one button - rather than potentially hundreds of clicks. There is now a 'Show all' button at the top of the 'My Uploads' list which will expand each entry in the table automatically.

We are also looking at ways to improve the layout, so that it's easier to process the information displayed on the page, so will hopefully be able to make some changes there soon too.

Tigerlearn, hoppytimes and krisgreg30 like this.
  3. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Hi Charliep86. When I export .csv the sales column looks a bit odd - £12.66 - instead of just £12.66 or even better just 12.66. This means I can't use the SUM formula for that column in Excel. Do you know a work round?

4. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

@mrajlong That sounds a bit annoying - I'll see if we can improve the formatting on those exports. In the meantime, a simple 'find and replace' will enable you to remove those characters from the document.

mrajlong likes this.
  5. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Thank you for all you are doing to improve, Charlie.
    I have just thought of another one :D
    The ability to choose preview images/ pages (similar to ***) - at the minute most of my resources show the first page (which makes perfect sense) and the last page which I use for credits and t&c (not very informative for buyers). I was just wondering if/ how resource previews can be improved to give the seller the choice of pages/ slides to display.

6. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

LOVE THE SHOW ALL BUTTON !!! THANKS !!!

TheGingerTeacher likes this.
  7. louise anderson

louise anderson New commenter

Hi
    I'm quite new to all this. Have only been selling premium resources since February. I find the uploading tool quick and easy to use and like the way my products look in my shop.
    I too have found it much harder to keep a track of the types of resources which are selling well and preferred the old dashboard with the list where you could see all of the products, views and downloads. Is there anyway that there could be a choice of which view to have? It is good to see how many views you've had in total but it would be better to know exactly what is getting views.
    I have stopped using my mobile to check as it is only useful if I've had a sale.

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  8. LessonChest

LessonChest New commenter

Perhaps it might be useful to have an option to sort resources by:
    • Downloads
    • Sales
    • Views
    And then filter this by date and order based on most/least?

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  9. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

@louise anderson with the new 'Show all' button in your uploads tab, you can now quickly expand each entry to display all those key stats for each resource. We hope to be making a few small design changes to the layout of those entries, to make it easier to scan through them while they're all open, and will hopefully be doing so over the next couple of weeks.

louise anderson likes this.
  10. charliep86

charliep86 New commenter

@hoppytimes You're welcome - the team here are working hard to improve the experience for you!

Improved preview-management functionalities are on our roadmap - we recognise that it's important to give potential buyers the best information and preview to enable them to make their decision, and to display your resources in the best way possible. It's not something we'll be tackling in the short-term, but will hopefully get to this before too long!

hoppytimes likes this.
  11. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

Shamster likes this.
  12. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

13. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Shamster and hoppytimes like this.
  14. EnglishThings

EnglishThings New commenter

For me, the review system is probably the main area that needs to be improved. As a customer, there are so few reviews that it's difficult to make an informed judgement in the same way that I would if I was buying from, say Amazon. That has certainly stopped me buying in the past. As an author, I like to think my resources are considered as useful and good value for money, but there are so few reviews to prove this. Then there's the whole limitation on my sales as there's little evidence to use to inform a purchase. I'm pretty new to all of this and so I'm enjoying seeing how things develop--I'm certainly enjoying the buzz of selling my resources!

EnglishThings

15. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

Absolutely nearly 1000 sales but about 100 reviews .... There has to be a shake up. My idea is allow us the authors offer incentives such as credits ... I am willing to give 2 credits per review (TES can deduct 2p from my balance if they wish for this) Then there is an incentive for the reviewer, each credit could be worth 1p, so 100 credits and they could buy another resource ... could be crazy idea but might be worth it.

16. EnglishThings

EnglishThings New commenter

Anything that makes writing a review or leaving a rating is a good idea as far as I'm concerned. I have nowhere near as many sales as you Shamster, but I can certainly understand your frustration--I wonder how many more sales you'd have if most of your sales were reviewed? A simple idea would be to enter every reviewer into a weekly voucher draw.

17. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

Yes, and with out being arrogant I know the reviews that have not been written are positive, because lets face it if its negative review people tend to write it.

18. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

@TES Resource Team this reminds me, I am sure previously, prospective buyers could not only see the ratings but they could see how many times the resource was purchased and downloaded. I wonder why that was removed.

Krazikas likes this.
  19. John1917

John1917 New commenter

I think for 'premier' resources the download should be free/credited for first 25 downloads subject to review. you would need to put a time limit on it. you would need to sort on recent uploads not sure if that is possible.

20. sarah277

sarah277 New commenter

I'm really struggling since the updates, to the point where I'm wondering whether to continue uploading new resources, and my sales have plummeted massively (or are not showing anymore). I much preferred the old system as I could get the information I needed quickly, but now have to go through numerous steps, and can't actually get the information I am looking for.

- There is a discrepancy between Net Earnings and Account Balance.

- Some of my resources have apparently had 150 sales but only 1 view??

- The total number of downloads does not equate to my total number of sales.

- The information in the box no longer fits on my screen so I have to move my page across to read the information on one line.

As with the previous author's post, I liked being able to sell resources for £1 and would love to see that option return.