Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Shamster, Apr 6, 2017.
Could we list all the Improvements TES could make to TES Resources so that includes Dashboard etc.
1. Get the number of purchases correct (At present a lot of statistics do not make sense).
2. Get the rounding correct, if I add up my earnings using the sales made it is different to TES Balance I am guessing is to do with Rounding.
3. Create a system for incentivising leaving reviews, give 1 credit for free resources review and 10 credits for premium resource review. 200 Credits = £1.00
4. Allow better control of sales / discount, if resource is more than £5.00 we should be able to offer more than 25% Discount.
5. We should be able to offer voucher codes ourselves.
@Shamster - thanks for opening this thread, keen to see what feedback comes in
In response to the specific issues/points you've raised:
1. We've resolved the data inaccuracy issues with most of the dashboard panels; the only ones that are still outstanding are the tables at the bottom of the Overview tab. If there are statistics that don't make sense to you, that's an entirely different matter! Could you explain what you're finding confusing here?
2. Not entirely sure what you mean by this. Could you please provide further detail?
3. We've been researching and making plans for overhauling the Resources rating and review system, and plan on starting work on this over the next month. Incentivising reviews is something that we are considering for helping to encourage more people to rate and review resources.
4. As far as I know, this is the first request to extend the discount percentage - we'll absolutely put it under consideration though. I would be interested in knowing how many other authors would also like to be able to offer higher levels of discounts.
5. Yes, absolutely. Building more promotional mechanics (including voucher code generation) for authors is something that's on our long-term roadmap.
At the moment I am not entirely sure how many paid / free resources I have without manually going through all the resources and counting them. Am I missing something? Is this information available somewhere?
It is also not quite as easy to see your complete list of best selling - least selling resources quite as easily as on the previous dashboard. Again - is this a function that I have not yet found?
Thanks @charliep86 for a quick response, I hope everyone does share their views here and think, oh it has been mentioned and therefore no point saying it.
1. I can number of purchases are now accurate up to March, but it is not updating for April. Especially when you click on
Purchases, last month, because I like to see daily totals being an 'addicted' Gold Author lol.
2. An Example When I add up sales for 31st March I make it £30.70 adding them up and your daily sales recap and balance shows £30.68, I know its 2p but this has happened on other days , but sometimes it does not happen. I think this is a rounding issue as we say in Maths. How many decimal places are your calculations taken place.
Would be nice to get some sort daily sales figures instead of relying on that 12pm email.
3. Glad to hear it.
4. As I said for bigger priced it would give us more control to drive more sales in off peak period rather than rely on TES.
5. Glad to hear it.
6. Agreeing with @Krazikas the resource management page was better in the old version you could sort just like current situation. Current situation sorts ascending but we probably would prefer descending example sort by number of purchases but descending so highest goes first not lowest. If you have over 100 plus resources do you really want to click see more resources to get to your highest purchased resource.
How do I get to resource manager on my phone? I can get to the overview of sales but can't actually get to my other resources
@Krazikas We don't currently display your uploaded resource totals, though can look to include this information somewhere, if it would be useful?
Do you mean that you want to be able to see which resources are have sold/been downloaded a lot and haven't sold/been downloaded as much? Would that be for all time, or over a specified period? Out of curiosity, what would you use that information for?
1. Thanks for flagging, there does indeed seem to be an issue with the data for April - our data engineering team are looking into it. I'm still a little unclear as to which statistics don't make sense to you: could you please explain which things you are having difficulty understanding?
2. So, to clarify - you're keeping track of your overall incoming royalties using the daily sales email, but the numbers you've calculated from that are not consistent with the balance showing up in your account? One of them is out by £0.02?
6. You can still sort both ways - perhaps it isn't quite so intuitive though. Selecting the filter once sorts it one way, and selecting a second time sorts it the opposite way. We're exploring ways to make it easier for you to be able to see the stats for each of your resources without having to click quite so many things, and will hopefully be able to push out some changes here soon.
@TheGingerTeacher - we decided to reduce the number of options on the mobile navigation, just to show the main areas that people wanted to view on the go. We can look to reintroduce the 'My Resources' list on the mobile version, though it would be useful to understand what things you would be looking for from this list while on your mobile? What information would be useful here? And what would you be looking to do with or get from this list?
I think the problem myself that I find with the new mobile interface is that I used it to post on social media quickly while I was on the go. This has been ruined doubly now by not being able to do it via my mobile and also by having to go through a longer process on a laptop to access a resource to then share the link. Before, on the rare occasion I shared from a laptop, I could click on the resource and just share. Now I have a nightmare finding the resource, have to click it to open up a tab that then lets me click again to then view the resource to then have to scroll across my resource to share it.
As you can see it hardly makes social media interaction easier when you've added more steps and removed the mobile way of doing it.
Adding the overall statistics on the resource management page would be useful (number of views, downloads, review scores, etc.) I know it's in there already but would prefer the information not to be hidden under each product, but rather as a table (similar to what it used to be before the update). Thank you.
I use my resource list for lots of things on my phone. Checking the url of my resources being the main one. If I want to share my resources anywhere at all I need the url and I can't get to my own resources easily. I have to actually search for them.
I second this - it was great to be able to see which resources were selling best / had most views/reviews etc without going through and clicking on them one by one. I like a lot about the new dashboard but this is the main part of the old dashboard I miss.
Yes I do, it was possible to see that data on the old dashboard. I use that information to see which type of resources are doing well and which are doing not so well. It allows me to improve on resources which have not sold. It also helps me to plan and decide on future resources. This sort of data is very important to have. In any business you need to see which things are selling and which are not doing well. If patterns emerge that certain sorts of resources are not being bought, then I will concentrate on those that are more sought after - it's vital info! The information I would like to see would be for all time, with the option of selecting certain dates as well!
As the number of my resources grows it is getting increasingly difficult to get this data and information.
It would be useful to have the totals, I have quite a few resources free and paid. I have set myself certain targets and goals and I like to see where I am up to in terms of number of paid products.
I liked it as well for setting myself milestones like creating so many resources or so many free or premium in particular. Shame they got rid of it.
Perhaps it would have been better if the new dashboard had been offered as a beta version to those who wished to try it out. Authors could then have provided feedback such as we have in this thread & changes made before the new dashboard was finalised & given to everyone.
Find away to stop scammers, copyright breachers and blaggers. Everything else is gravy!
Giving incentives for reviews is important. I really feel this would benefit both authors and those purchasing as both have more information.
It is vital, in my opinion, that a free resource cannot be made paid without reviews either resetting or being separate. It has been mentioned a few times that a review you gave for something you did not pay for is not the same as a review for something you paid for.
Having the option to charge £1 for certain resources would be appreciated.
Copyright breaching and scamming is a huge issue - We need a simpler system for reporting this.
That being said, I love the changes that have been made and I love the opportunity TES provides authors
Thanks for fixing the problem with scrolling on the mobile - works fine now!
A few more suggestions
1. There was talk a while ago about including video previews/product demos into resource descriptions. It would be great if we could do that.
2. A quick price edit tool would be really useful.
3. If we could generate our own voucher codes to provide discounts/lower prices to specific people that would be good.