1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

list of ideas for using practical maths equipment

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by ERU, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ERU

ERU New commenter

Plea for help please! I'm leading a maths staff meeting in my school on Monday with a focus on using practical maths equipment in the classroom. Ideally, I could do with a handout with ideas I could give to the staff for key stages 1 and 2 (without writing one from scratch). Does anyone know where I could find something like this? Thanks

2. ERU

ERU New commenter

Plea for help please! I'm leading a maths staff meeting in my school on Monday with a focus on using practical maths equipment in the classroom. Ideally, I could do with a handout with ideas I could give to the staff for key stages 1 and 2 (without writing one from scratch). Does anyone know where I could find something like this? Thanks

3. There is a sheet here with what practical resources you should have available for each year group http://www.ness.uk.com/maths/subject-leader.htm - last document: what resources do we need in the classroom. Your staff meeting would be a good time to do a small audit and see what everyone has already and what they need. Hope it goes well. :)

4. ERU

ERU New commenter

Thankyou! It's really useful - I wasn't expecting such a quick response on a saturday night!!

5. Haha! I'm either very sad, or skint...or both!!

6. frustum

frustum Established commenter

7. ERU

ERU New commenter

that makes 2 of us!

8. ERU

ERU New commenter

Thanks I will also be using nrich.