1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lip collagen

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Watching Come Dine With Me (judge away) and one of the contestants has lip implants. It looks like **** - every woman who has it done has exactly the same top lip as all the others. It looks totally generic and unattractive and I can't understand why people opt for it.

Is it the same thing as women who go for obviously fake-look boob implants? They want people to know it's fake? Yuck.

2. Watching Come Dine With Me (judge away) and one of the contestants has lip implants. It looks like **** - every woman who has it done has exactly the same top lip as all the others. It looks totally generic and unattractive and I can't understand why people opt for it.

Is it the same thing as women who go for obviously fake-look boob implants? They want people to know it's fake? Yuck.

3. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

She was a very good cook! However,you are right. She probably looks better without all the thick war paint.

4. *wonders if queen trollops is on here 24/7 awarding stars*

5. Yes, her food looked good but her face was immobile and she looked dead behind the eyes...

:)

6. My lips have practically disappeared. With the lottery winnings I am almost certain to scoop tonight, lip-plumping was top of my list of things to spend it on. Am gutted to find out it's hideous.

7. Stick with the Cruella lips, Lily. Far more attractive than the garden variety frozen trout pout.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think so!

9. joli2

joli2 New commenter

http://www.drritarakus.com/aboutdrrita.shtml

The 'lip queen' highly recommended and travels around the country. No trout pouts apparently, just in case you win some money lily.

10. I saw her on 'Come Dine' and thought how awful the lips looked. Next day she was on 'This Morning' and looked heaps better so maybe she had only just had it done when the programme was recorded. Weird though. I would like to look ten years younger but my lips are the least of my concerns! She actually seems really down to earth, besides being a good cook.

11. I saw that too! We had a discussion about her lips, with Mr Airy saying that she looked like someone had smacked her in the mouth. We were both a little surprised that this look is considered attractive.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The fat top lip that has become so popular isn't a look I'd thank you for.
    So far so good with mine.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

If you walk along Knightsbridge in London nearly every woman you see has this trout pout.Have you noticed that Shane Warne has it too!

14. Always remember poor old Lesley Ash.

15. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

And Denise Hendry! Those two are enough to put me off cosmetic surgery.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

And what about Ivy Tilsley in Corrie?

17. Yes, poor girl. Absolute bloody tragedy. Her husband and kids loved her the way she was, I am sure. A friend of Mr G has just had a nose job, and he is appalled by it, he sees it as a terrible lack of self-esteem. On the other hand, I think some people have so much money they don't really know what to do with it. Buy more jewellery, I say.

18. Ha! Yes, forgot that one!!

19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I had a nose job back in 2002. I had hated my nose since a child. It had a big, Roman bump on it and my profile was dreadful. I had learned to live with it but then I found £3,000 I didn't know I had (and didn't 'need' at hte time). I opted to have my nose done.
    I got the op at the start of the Easter hols, and it was all but healed when I went back to school. I had it done for me and no-one else. It was uncomfortable more than painful, and as I find mouth breathing difficult, it made for sleepless nights and grumpiness!
    My new nose is not teeny-weeny or a little ski-slope job. It is still reasonably sized but now lacks the hideous bump.
    I told no-one I was having it done, and afterwards people did remark that I looked very well but couldn't say why! It gave me confidence and my only regret is I didn't do it 20 years ago.
    That said I don't fancy anything else to be done. Yes, I'd like to lose a few pounds but if I can't be arsed to diet I'm blowed if I'm going to pay £000s for some surgeon to suck the stuff out!
    As for the trout pout.....ermmmm, no thank you. I do not want to look as if I lick my lips you can stick me to a window! [​IMG]

20. Odd, innit. I used to have quite a neat nondescript nose until I fell out of a window and splatted it all over my face. The surgeon did a marvellous job of putting it all back together but it veers off to the left and has a big bump on the bridge. At 20 you'd think I'd have been clamouring for the free cosmetic surgery, and again at 29 when I broke it again, but it's never really bothered me. And yet I'm quite vain in other ways.