1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Linking seaside holidays from the past with ICT - Please help!

Discussion in 'History' started by sophiejane23, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hello there,
    This is my first time posting and I'm really hoping someone can help me. I have my final observation of my SCITT course in which I have to link history with ICT. We are just beginning to look at seaside holidays from the past.
    I have a bank of laptops that I can use or the ICT suite. Its year 1 and I'm just struggling find anything that grabs me as a good lesson for an observation. The children have been getting to grips with Power Point so this could be a possibility. I'm just desperate for some ideas to get the ball rolling.
    Thanks in advance if anyone can make any suggestions.
    Sophie

2. Hello there,
    This is my first time posting and I'm really hoping someone can help me. I have my final observation of my SCITT course in which I have to link history with ICT. We are just beginning to look at seaside holidays from the past.
    I have a bank of laptops that I can use or the ICT suite. Its year 1 and I'm just struggling find anything that grabs me as a good lesson for an observation. The children have been getting to grips with Power Point so this could be a possibility. I'm just desperate for some ideas to get the ball rolling.
    Thanks in advance if anyone can make any suggestions.
    Sophie

3. Hi,
    I'm Secondary but have you had a look at the National Archives website...they have lots of sources including photos which maybe your Year 1s could annotate on a PP slide?
    Don't know but this is the website...
    http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/

4. Following on from history chick, but thinking spelling etc may be a problem - perhaps have two PPP slides, one with Victorian seaside photo/pic and one modern. Each just covering half the slide. On a third PPP slide copy pics of items a Victorian child would have, use, eat play with, mixed up with modern things. Google images is always useful. Show the children how to cut and paste and ask them to work in pairs or groups choosing the correct items to cut and paste on to the spaces beside the 'Then'(Vic) and 'Now' (Modern) slides. You could put the names in boxes at the bottom of the third PPP slide and the better readers could cut and paste these into the correct places too.