1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Linking old reading AF's to the new curriculum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Envyemerald, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Envyemerald

Envyemerald New commenter

Hello all.

I'm just wondering how different schools have decided to match up the old reading assessment focuses with the new curriculum statements. I have seen a few different ways as different schools seem to be interpreting the objectives in different ways.

2. summlard

summlard New commenter

I was hoping The AFs would disappear but sadly not. I think my school are keeping them the same.

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

We've got rid of them in our school.

Only to have created our own which are pretty much the same.

Oh joy.

4. Envyemerald

Envyemerald New commenter

Thank you for your replies. We appear to have recreated them in a different guise also. I am now trying to find a way to link valuable resources that we have used successfully under the old framework, to the new curriculum. I particularly enjoyed reading Mrs p teach's blog www.mrspteach.com/.../read-with-ric-resources-and-logos-for.html

which provides one way of linking old to new to avoid reinventing the wheel/throwing the baby out with the bath water etc!

5. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

You may be interested to see the strands that will be assessed in the KS2 tests:

[​IMG]