1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Linking 'I can' statments with APP AFs or Learning Objectives?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JenAins, Jun 22, 2012.

1. I'm so confused!!
    I'm trying to write 'I can' target statements for my Year 3s linked to the units we are going to be doing over the next year in English. I'm totally confused though because I cannot work out how the assessment focuses from APP and the levelling guidelines link with the learning objectives given in the strategies. If they don't link, am I supposed to base these targets on AFs or on the LOs?!
    Or can somebody tell me how they do link and where to find this information???Or does anyone know of anywhere that has ready made literacy 'I can' statements arranged by unit for Year 3? Or should the targets I give come from both APP levels and strategies LOs? In which case it's going to be a very long and or repetative list.
    Help me...

2. I'm so confused!!
    I'm trying to write 'I can' target statements for my Year 3s linked to the units we are going to be doing over the next year in English. I'm totally confused though because I cannot work out how the assessment focuses from APP and the levelling guidelines link with the learning objectives given in the strategies. If they don't link, am I supposed to base these targets on AFs or on the LOs?!
    Or can somebody tell me how they do link and where to find this information???Or does anyone know of anywhere that has ready made literacy 'I can' statements arranged by unit for Year 3? Or should the targets I give come from both APP levels and strategies LOs? In which case it's going to be a very long and or repetative list.
    Help me...