1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Linking explanation and myths texts Year 3

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tinyears, Jan 18, 2011.

1. We are reading Greek Myths (year 3) in our guided reading times and wondering how I can link explanation texts with Myths. Explanation texts is our focus for Literacy sessions and I am not very confident at teaching this area of writing. We have been focusing on Theseus and the Minotaur. In a few weeks we are going to write our own myths. Any ideas are really welcome. Thanks and waiting with anticipation.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Life in ancient Greece.

3. Thanks for your reply. Can it be an explanation on something that happens in the story?

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

surely explanation texts are explaining how a thing works or someting happens?
    Your area is myths and legends which i did ealier this year.......we didnt do explantion texts!

5. We don't follow the National Curriculum as we are an IB school. This is the first time I have done explanations with a class and they haven't found it particularly easy to understand. They are really enjoying the Greek Myths and today they explained how Theseus became a hero.