1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LinkedIn

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by aspiringteacher95, Nov 20, 2015.

1. aspiringteacher95

aspiringteacher95 New commenter

Hello,

I'm in the process of applying for UCAS and have had the desire to become a teacher from a young age.. (Yes... I've dreamed about being a teacher for ages, and I'm told I'm mad!) - I have some experience in the education sector, mostly working as a TA in a secondary school.

Basically, I'm looking to connect through LinkedIn with teachers across the country in order to keep my options open incase I decide to complete PGCE somewhere other than Belfast.

This must sound so weird and creepy... But, I'm up for connecting with other potential teachers/education officials and naturally, qualified teachers :)

2. Findlotte

Findlotte Established commenter

What's wrong with the teachers in your school? They all got to where they are today in the same way and have experience nonetheless.

Did you find people on social media before you went to uni? no, you just got on with it and met them on the day.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

4. aspiringteacher95

I did not think this through, at all! Any ideas how I can change my username on this?

5. Vince_Ulam

6. aspiringteacher95

7. Vince_Ulam

You are welcome, and good luck with your project.

8. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

9. Vince_Ulam

It is possible for Moderators to edit posts. Deletion is unnecessary.

10. aspiringteacher95

Is it not possible to delete the thread altogether? I cannot work out how to use this thing yet!!! Haha

11. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

12. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I am not aware that many teachers use linked in. I once, foolishly responded to an automated invitation from a friend and just avoided a load of spam going out to everyone in my address book. While I was there, I found little to persuade me.