1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Linked pilot pair

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by 4fc, Mar 7, 2012.

1. 4fc

4fc

Has anyone heard what's happening with the linked pair? I can't get a conclusive answer as to whether it will continue and what will happen regards all exams going linear.

Thanks

2. DM

DM New commenter

Ok, it is not in the public domain yet but the linked pair is going to be binned as it is tainted by association with the previous Government. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear.

3. Do you know when?
    Will the current year 9 be able to start it in Sept 2012?

4. DM

DM New commenter

No, not unless they take all four exams in one year.

5. Is that for all exam boards? We are doing OCR and have not heard anything.

6. DM

DM New commenter

Please ask OCR but I asked Edexcel a couple of weeks ago and they didn't reply. My source is the DfE.

7. 4fc

4fc

I asked aqa and they are saying that they are still waiting on a decision.

If this is true I will find it really annoying! I like the pair!

8. DM

DM New commenter

Me too. Apparently we will get another double GCSE in due course that has the special Gove stamp of approval.

9. My school is also doing OCR and we are assuming that it is carrying on next year, since we've not been told otherwise.
    It would be a shame if it goes as I have enjoyed teaching the extra content such as Finance, Set Theory and Linear Programming.