1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Linked Pair Pilot Teachers

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by s1x, Jan 30, 2012.

1. s1x

s1x

Hi
    Lots of questions for those teaching the qualification (answering any will do!)
    (I appreciate there are different boards)
    Are you/your department enjoying teaching the course?

Are pupils responding well? are they enjoying it?

Do you believe it develops pupils sufficiently for A level in comparison to a traditional linear/modular GCSE?

How are the foundation students dealing with it in the main? (in comparison to similar cohorts on the traditional GCSE)

Do you believe the content is well constructed?

Are the methods results on a par with applications for your pupils?

Has anyone switched back to the traditional approach?

Is anyone hoping for something similar for the 2014 changes? (Im assuming they will happen)

Do you think there are adequate resources available for each board? (We have the AQA book and Edexcel ebook)

Have you been happy with the exams that have taken place in terms of content, grade boundaries etc
    Thanks in advance.

2. DM

DM New commenter

3. s1x

s1x

I feel that there could be better alternatives for pupils and would like to get feedback/share experiences with teachers who may have views on the topic.

Thanks for the link.

4. DM

DM New commenter

I wouldn't suggest anyone switches now unless an announcement is made that the pilot will be extended.

5. s1x

s1x

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I shall look forward to others contributing to the thread.

6. DM

DM New commenter

Prepare yourself for a long wait then. The Linked Pair is only taught in 244 schools.

7. s1x

s1x

Shall do. Perhaps some teachers in those 244 schools (or 243 without mine and 242 without yours) will log on an add to the thread with their experiences.

8. DM

DM New commenter

Can answer one of your questions - product moment correlation coefficient between Methods 1 and Applications 1 in my school (245 sitting Linked Pair) was about 0.8 but there were some alarming outliers - Grade C and Grade U, Grade B and Grade E etc.