1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Line of Duty 5 - there WILL be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peapicker, Mar 10, 2019.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I don’t understand?

2. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

It's an actor with comedy glasses on.

There is nothing to understand.

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Ahh . I see deception, plotting and double meanings everywhere ;)

sparklesparkle and mothorchid like this.
  4. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

Well, Corbett's pushed his luck a few steps too far! :eek: I need some time to process all of this and recover.

catmother and Jesmond12 like this.
  5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Dead on.

minnie me likes this.
  6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

A bit underwhelmed with tonight's episode.
    Question- Corbett told McQueen ( she seemed suspicious ) that the move out of the printers was justified because it made sense to move on ( made sense ) but why then was the ' brothel ' ( unfortunate term given the nature of the girls kept against their will / circumstances ) left to be ' discovered' ? She could have been 'caught up ' in that raid ?

7. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Why is Mrs Ted involved?

8. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Hargreaves is clearly a lower level red herring and Corbett has gone completely rogue now. It all seems to point to Ted what with him getting rid of his computer. But if he was ‘H’ surely he would have more money?

9. Admin Princess

Admin Princess Occasional commenter

Twitter thought:

Attached Files:

10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I thought at one point tonight that Jill was a recruiter who wanted Ted to go over to the dark side what with the loss of Hargreaves.

11. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

Tonight definitely felt like a filler episode but still some food for thought.

Hastings definitely needs to be wary of Jill and that federation rep with the offer of compensation for his financial losses. Hope Ted realises that the timing is a bit too convenient.

Concerned about Corbett's mental state and his decision making. I think he will try to lure Ted back by threatening Mrs Hastings but hopefully won't cross the line even further by harming her. Still don't think Ted is H but he's definitely hiding something... I'm intrigued to see what.

I think McQueen is higher up than Corbett recognises and also a big threat to him. I also think she might be aware or suspect that he's a UCO but the gang leaders have been playing the long game to wait for him to cross the line.

Hargreaves was definitely involved and bent (I mean, how else do you end up at a raid with a balaclava on?) but I don't think he's H.

Who do we think the mystery unidentified man visiting the house was?

grumpydogwoman and catmother like this.
  12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Too many senior officers with a name starting with "H"!

Jamvic and grumpydogwoman like this.
  13. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I can just about accept that Corbett didn't move out of the brothel, as this would mean the girls were saved, and a good UCO would do this. But he is pretty much barking, I fear.
    But Ted?! What was he doing with the computer? Why is he falling for the rubbish about money that Moffatt is telling him? How come he's so broke? He must get a good wage.
    I spotted a photo of Jackie Laverty on the wall. I await developments.
    And have they fixed Ted's toilet yet?

InkyP and grumpydogwoman like this.
  14. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

The mystery man typing to John can't spell !!!! Well couldn't spell 'definitely'...is that a red herring or a significant clue ?

15. mothorchid

I spotted that. I always used that word in spelling tests for students. It's one of my pet peeves.
    I bet Ted can spell.
    After further anxious discussion with my husband, I think Ted was putting his computer into a safe place. You wouldn't wrap it up so carefully if you wanted it destroyed. Goodness knows who can get into his room at the TravelTavern. He may be ensuring he isn't implicated. In which case, he shouldn't keep meeting the creepy man who offers him money in a dodgy way.

cissy3, InkyP and HelenREMfan like this.
  16. Admin Princess

Admin Princess Occasional commenter

"TravelTavern" - :D:D:D

17. mothorchid

Thank you @Admin Princess but I cannot claim it as my own - it's from Alan Partridge.

18. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Wow!

minnie me and Lazycat like this.
  19. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Hmm.

20. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Woah - definately did not see that coming

catmother, Jesmond12 and HelenREMfan like this.