1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Line of Duty 5 - there WILL be spoilers!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peapicker, Mar 10, 2019.

1. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

And so the anticipation begins! Is it really nearly 2 years since we dissected every clue and pored over every snippet in series 4?

So here it is: the thread for discussing all things LOD5. Don't complain if there are spoliers and you don't want to read them! You can always start your own LOD No Spoilers thread!

Has everyone noticed that the BBC has just put the entire box set of series 1 - 4 back on iplayer? 23 glorious episodes. If you haven't seen LOD before, catch up now before the new series starts in April.

Here is the trailer for Series 5:

How do we think this series might play out, then? I have my theory already... :D

2. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

31st March at 9.00pm...

Three weeks today. :D

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Not ashamed to say that I am stupidly excited

Jesmond12 and cissy3 like this.
  4. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Established commenter

You could post spoilers using the spoiler function
    the name will appear here after Episode 1

cissy3 and anotherauntsally like this.
  6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

My friend who is a massive fan informs me that the new series will have all sorts of links etc to previous series so it would probably be a good idea to rewatch so increasing the chance of spotting stuff.

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I love the theme music!

Excited to see the new series too. :)

cissy3 likes this.
  8. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

I love the way the theme is quietly introduced 3/4 way through each episode to build tension towards the finale.

towncryer and cissy3 like this.
  9. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I love it! BBC did have all 4 series on iplayer about a year ago, and we watched them through again with great enjoyment.
    My fear is that the sainted Ted will turn out to be a mole. :( I think he had bad gambling debts in the first series which have not been discussed since. And as I recall, Gina McKee's body is still undiscovered, but I may be wrong on both counts.

cissy3 likes this.
  10. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

My theory (by Ann Elk - "It is my theory and it is all mine!"): I think St Ted will be arrested, tried and convicted at the end of series 5 as being 'H', heading the organised crime gang. :(

You are right about the gambling debts @mothorchid . He also makes reference to problems as a Catholic serving in the RUC during the Troubles: "No-one is blacker than me!" Perhaps he will / is being blackmailed?

Then I think he will be exonerated in series 6. :D

Have you looked at the trailer? A Bright Spark (not me) has already spotted epaulettes on Kate's shoulders. Is she now promoted to Inspector?

mothorchid likes this.
  11. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

Isn't Gina McKee in bits in the deep freeze in the flat where the lad with Downs Syndrome lives?

12. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Established commenter

I think the location is uncertain but likley that Leonie Collersdale body was placed there too.

13. mothorchid

She's in a freezer somewhere, but where is not clear - to me anyway. @peapicker, yes, I fear he may be Goin' Dahn...

14. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

The kids are going to get a mighty big surprise on this year's Easter egg hunt. :)

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  15. sparklesparkle

sparklesparkle Established commenter

No that just means he was in a minority. It isn't him saying he's corrupt.

16. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

Indeed, but there is an ambiguity ripe for exploitation by the writer.

I can see him at the end of series 6 exonerated, but a broken man who retires.

alison_wain12 likes this.
  17. mothorchid

I thought this series (5) was to be The Last One?

18. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

I’ve just worked out that the final episode will be screened when I’m on holiday ( in foreign parts)
    Noooooooo :(:eek::eek:

Do you think the travel insurance will accept this as a legitimate reason for cancelling the holiday?o_O:p

peapicker likes this.
  19. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

No, there is now going to be a sixth. Jed Mercurio said that he needed to wait to see if the BBC would commission a sixth, to know how to end series 5.

20. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

Definitely! :D

lizziescat likes this.