1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Limiting agency work to KS2?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Ronson, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Ronson

Ronson New commenter

I'm with a couple of agencies, and I've mostly done KS2 work with a little KS1. However, I'm not really a fan of working with KS1 - it's not my area of choice, and the times I've done it I really haven't enjoyed it. I prefer KS2 given that the children can work more independently. I've told the agencies my preference is KS2, but I'm tempted to say I'll only do KS2 work. Has anyone else done this - and did you end up getting less work than before?

2. Preference is always worth stating if you have one - I prefer KS2 as well. But I think agencies like you to be flexible. Mine are aware that I might turn down a KS1 class, but having said that, I've been covering KS1 regularly lately as I know the school, I know the set up and I actually prefer the KS1 department there.
    So maybe start off keeping close to your preference, but as time passes, let them know when/where you might be prepared to give KS1 a go (say, in a school you like/feel you'll be comfortable with them). It just helps boost your standing and also can help boost your relationship with schools you like (they like you more if you say yes!).