1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lily?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by jonowen, Mar 8, 2012.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Thanks Belle, how are you now and are you enjoying being back to work?
    [​IMG]

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'm well thank you jonowen. Consultant has given me the all clear, but says fracture won't heal 100% for around 18months. I can ride again, but have promised Mr Belle to stay off until after we get back from holiday at Easter.
    Am very happy to be back at work, but writing reports which is dull, and got 4 lots of coursework to fit in and mark over next 2 weeks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

To be entirely fair, lily's reasons for leaving were not really to do with sniping and bitching - both of which she was more than able to deal with and which she was quite capable of dishing out when someone got on her nerves sufficiently. That's why I like her.

4. Here here...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

[​IMG]

6. BelleDuJour

That's rich coming from you, considering seapink's role in this resulted in her (seapink) being banned.
    Hmmmmmmm........................

7. a) It's an in-joke - and you are not in on it!
    b) Do you really think that is how one spells Hear hear ?

8. BelleDuJour

You really are an odd one <strike>seapink</strike> FAF.
    Oh and yes, I do know all about your 'in joke' re 'here here' but a joke is meant to be funny and this one doesn't even raise a titter. Your idea of a joke is to take the piss out of another poster.
    You might just consider a(nother) new user name as 'funny' is hardly appropriate.

9. Hardly an in joke faf. Your sole contribution to the 'here, here' 'hear, hear' debate was to inform the poster he was talking rot.
    You really must learn to contribute to threads in an intelligent and meaningful way if you wish to be taken seriously. Being unpleasant to posters is neither funny nor clever. I am surprised that you cannot see it.

10. Wasn't there once a children's programme called Pinky and Perky?
    This duo is like C(r)oss and Ball - always hand in hand. Such devotion, C(r)oss!
    Sweet, really.
    :)

11. BelleDuJour

Thank you! [​IMG]

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I got the joke and indicated as much in my post after funnyandfree's. I assumed that she was agreeing with what I had said (you don't have to like a poster to agree with them) and that the 'here, here' comment was intended to be tongue in cheek.
    Not worth arguing over, though.

13. BelleDuJour

Nobody's arguing Seren. I just find it odd that <strike>seapink</strike> FAF posts on a thread about Lily when she knows full well why Lily has 'left', and played no mean part in what happened, to the extent of getting herself banned.
    In the words of seapink herself 'ridiculous'.
    Anyway, Lily is fine and well and not missing this place.

14. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg New commenter

I really miss Lily. I am not a regular poster but do lurk a lot. She always made me either laugh or think really hard about what was being discussed. I'm glad she is well.