1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lily and MeanAverageJoe

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 25, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I expect they've gone the way of many great posters on here and voted with their feet, sick and tired of all the bitching and back stabbing, let alone the lack of any traffic on the boards now (hmmm.....lack of traffic probably linked to bitching and back stabbing too).
    I don't know for sure. Just a guess.

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

They've eloped to South America if a flying boat.

3. They're under my patio. There is room for more...

cyolba, sharpening the harpoon :)

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Expect that Lily is busy handknitting her Christmas tree!

5. A harpoon? If Lily catches you comparing her to a whale you're for it... and no witty one liner will save you!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Dunno about MAJ but I know lily's reasons. I'll miss her bitching - she does it so well.

7. Yes. Me too. I like a bit of irreverence.

8. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Me too.
    I miss MAJ as well, though I don't know his reasons for not being around for a while.
    I have occasional breaks (for six months on a couple of occasions) when the unpleasantness gets too much for me - perhaps that's what's happening in his case.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I didn't always agree with him but MAJ was always good for finding relevant stastistics for on-going discussions. I suspect he didn't much care about bitching or back-stabbing though. He's more likely to have got fed up with the same circular arguments coming round with regular monotony I think. As his name is actually deleted there must have been something behind his decision rather than just getting distracted though.

10. Me too.
    I was saying to a poster the other day that I might be due a TES break, not because of anything aimed at me but because of some posters that were aiming something at someone else. The personal knowledge that they had obviously retained about the person they were attacking was a real worry, it was like an obsession. The detail they were going into made it sound like they had done some serious research on the poster - or were amassing some sort of 'file'. Pasting that sort of stuff on a forum for the whole of the world to see is a serious grudge, makes you think about the lengths people will go to...

11. I remember seeing that someone had copied his avatar and was calling themselves 'meanaveragejoke'. He disappeared not long after that.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I missed that, Jenny. That sounds like a logical explanation.

13. I miss seeing Lily's posts and although I've never had anything other than a fleeting e-acquaintence with MAJ, his absence leaves a bit of a gap.
    I didn't see that thread that Jenny is refering to but we've seen similar things here before. It's a deeply unpleasant thing to do and pretty much unfathomable to me.
    It has become a bit stagnant and circular on some forums in the past months.

14. I think I know which thread that was, and it left a bad taste. Some people can be pretty vile, and a bit..scary.

15. Oh, and I never quite understood why some posters didn't 'get' Lily. She was the only poster on here to take the time to PM me and ask if I was ok when my marriage split up and she was a HUGE support when I went through my breast cancer scare and many other things. Yes, she's a straight-talker but an absolute diamond in my book.

16. Couldn't agree more. An articulate and intelligent woman who can see through bull-**** a mile off.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Or when they're barking mad enough to use the personal information they've gathered to contact someone's employer....that really is sick!
    Actually, the use of any personal information gleaned either from what's been posted or, worse still, what's been gleaned from personal knowledge (either by direct off site contact or contact with third parties) against another poster is sick.

18. It was just after the summer, there were a stream of riot threads and a couple of posters took a dislike to MAJ, I can only assume it was one of them creating a sock...

19. With the exception of when it would be used to hunt down and make utterly miserable the life of the person that was sick enough to contact your employer? Would it be acceptable use of the information then?

20. I can still taste it now!