1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lil is very very worried...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by beckidaniel, Dec 24, 2010.

1. I too am monitoring santa with mygoddaughter - she is concerned about his rather zig zag route so far!!
    "Auntie Becki, he will run out of time unless he starts going in a straight line!"
    Now i find myself explaining the concept of time zones to a 4 year old!! Help!!
    We have yet to cover the north pole though Lil - sorry!

2. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Do water down the gin dear it's a long race x

3. DM

DM New commenter

Santa uses Universal Time (the posh name for Greenwich Mean Time).
    The cool thing about the North Pole is that if you run around it in a circle you cross every time zone. Now you know how Santa manages to travel about so quickly.

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

If you run in circles at the north pole, can you time travel?

5. Depends which way you run

6. lilachardy

I can't work out which is which, but surely one means you keep going to the day before, and the other means you go to the day ahead?

7. If Santa runs in a clockwise direction he will cross the international date line and go back in time. If he runs anti-clockwise he will travel forward a day. However, it's all hypothetical as the distance covered is so small. Sorry to make Santa the subject of the laws of physics.

8. lilachardy

Is that how he manages to go so many places all on one night?

9. Now i'm really concerned - he has stopped at the International Space Station - how do the reindeers cope in space??!

10. lilachardy

Try not to worry - he's in Seychelles now, so they survived.
    Perhaps he used magic?

11. Antarctica and now heading for South Africa. Just under 4 hours 'til midnight - I have a feeling he will make there or thereabouts.