1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lighthouse keepers lunch???? any resources you can share?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by peeceee, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Before I start trying to make up my own, I thought I would ask you all first. Any great ideas for year 1 and 2? please, Its almost 8:30pm!!!!!

2. cheesepleasegrommit

cheesepleasegrommit New commenter

I am using this for next 2 weeks. Got my picnic basket and checked cloth ready!
    lesson 1 - reading LHK lunch, designing a sandwich to keep seagulls away.
    lesson 2,3,4 - reading LHK picnic, cat, catastrophe and comparing with the other stories. There's loads of books in the series.
    This is from memory (sorry) as all plans at school.

Doing character work (as suggested on new Lit framework) eg hot seating, what would they say, find evidence in text.

Next week moving on to planning our own story from a choice of headings.

3. brill thanks!!!will borrow those ideas!
    anyone have pictures??? was thinking speech bubbles???

4. Peecee I have a folder of activities & ideas for LHK If you still need help leave your addy I'll forward it on to you. x

5. Just seen your reply - was on telephone, I'll post them now, try in about 10 minutes xx

6. Right, you should have mail xx

7. thanks very much! :)

8. thanks! I actually posted on that message last year... I just need to get my writers up to snuff!!

9. i have some speech bubble sheets i made that i could email you? (just some scanned images of characters from the stories with blank speech bubble attached for them to write what the character might be saying!)

10. Alibea - would you mind possibly e mailing me a copy of the LHK activities you have please?

Many thanks

rachaelshort59@yahoo.com

11. Hi Alibea

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but would you mind possibly e mailing me a copy of the LHK activities you have please? Im starting this book next term and am struggling a bit!!

Many thanks

Claire

12. Is there any chance I could have a look at your activites Alibea?
    zvitc@hotmail.com

13. Can I also have a copy of these activities too???? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeee

xxxxxxx

klgoodwin@hotmail.co.uk

14. i love this website, that is exactly what i am doing next week. PLease can i get a copy too, just finished reports, so i am so happy to see these resources already made.
    nicolaj69@hotmail.com
    Thank you SO much xxx

15. Alibea could I please have a copy of the LHK resources.We are doing this in the next few weeks and this would be a great help :)

heypetal@hotmail.co.uk