1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Light relief - how to carry a teddy bear

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doitforfree, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Yes, really. My chorus has a mascot teddy bear and when we go away we'd usually sit her at the front of the bus or something, but we're not going on a bus this time, we're going on the ferry and then won't have any vehicles between us and we're worried we'll lose her. I thought that maybe some kind of carrier or harness, to perhap attach her to my rucksack, would work, but I only have this afternoon and I'm not feeling very inspired. I need something easy, foolproof and quick! And humane.

2. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Could you push it in a doll's pram?

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Size?

4. Doitforfree

She's about 14 inches tall
    A pram would be hilarious, but also easily forgotten. She needs to be attachable.

5. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

6. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

7. Doitforfree

That's EXACTLY what I want, within the next hour when I'm also packing...

Jamvic likes this.
  8. Doitforfree

Jamvic likes this.
  9. frustum

frustum Star commenter

A "baby sling" is what you really want. If you have any young mums or parents of such, it might be worth a quick email round the chorus to see if anyone can bring one.

10. Doitforfree

Can't believe that I gave mine away - I have literally every other baby thing apart from the sling! Worth asking around though.

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

12. oldsomeman

13. Doitforfree

Bingo! I found a small old rucksack that's a really good shape and size and has a sort of fold down flap that I've cut off so that her head pokes out. It's just in the dryer, as I think the last time it was used was on a muddy YHA holiday in Derbyshire!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

14. oldsomeman

do not forget to make it warm and comfortable with a hat. Otherwise you might be done for cruelty to a teddy bear.:D