1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Light and Shadows

Discussion in 'Science' started by Pinky89, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Im in need of help,
    Im a PPA cover teacher taking year 3 science on Light and Shadows, due to our current cloudy weather im not getting much luck with the sun in my timetabled slot of a Tuesday morning, also my school has very limited resources with only 4 torches for a class of 30 children. I am unable to change my timetable due to such a busy time in the school at the moment, has anybody any inspirational ideas for me?
    [​IMG]

2. Im in need of help,
    Im a PPA cover teacher taking year 3 science on Light and Shadows, due to our current cloudy weather im not getting much luck with the sun in my timetabled slot of a Tuesday morning, also my school has very limited resources with only 4 torches for a class of 30 children. I am unable to change my timetable due to such a busy time in the school at the moment, has anybody any inspirational ideas for me?
    [​IMG]

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

See if you can snaffle some table lamps.
    Failing that, have you got a projector (or OHP) in your room? That's a brilliant white light source, your children can see how shadows of shapes are projected on the screen. Just make sure they don't look into the bulb.
    Your friendly secondary school may well have resources they can lend you.
    Best wishes,
    P