1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Life without Levels...how did your school approach this?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by clharrison, Oct 8, 2017.

?

Which of the following approaches did your school choose in KS3?

1. A. Skills ladders (with a number behind for measuring progress)

5.3%
  2. B. Pearson 1 - 12 steps

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. C. 1 - 9 in line with the new GCSE grades

63.2%
  4. D. Still using National Curriculum Levels

10.5%
  5. E. Other

21.1%
  1. clharrison

clharrison New commenter

We are an international school in Africa, looking at how we might approach 'Life without levels' later this year. Rather than recreating the wheel, we thought it would be helpful to benefit from the experience and wisdom of all the UK schools who have already gone through this process. We would be really grateful if you could just respond to the survey. Thank you so much, C-L Harrison (St Andrew's International School, Malawi).

2. clharrison

clharrison New commenter

If you select E. Other, I'd love to hear what you are using instead. Thank you.

3. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

This may / may not be helpful but have delivered on AfL ( and after levels ) so happy to send you my PPTs if you send me a contact e mail via Conversation

4. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Struggling with that e mail add ? Cheers

5. clharrison

clharrison New commenter

6. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Thumbs up emoji

clharrison likes this.
  7. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Established commenter

im also in africa, but we are an IB school, and we report on ATL's much more than attainment levels. i just finished reporting on all my kids, and it took me about 6 minutes....its great.

clharrison likes this.
  8. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

9. clharrison

clharrison New commenter

This sounds interesting. Would you be able to send any sample resources/mark schemes? And how does your school use these to measure progress?
    Thank you so much,
    C-L

10. Eflmeister

Eflmeister Occasional commenter

GCSE 9-1 right from the word go in Y7. Each year has the same number grades but a Y7 9-1 is different from a Y8 9-1 etc.

11. electricsheep

electricsheep New commenter

For KS3. or years 7 and 8, measure ATL and also try for letter grades such as 'D' - developing skills 'S' securing skills and 'A' advancing skills. Introduce the 1-9 grades at year 9 onwards as these only make sense for GCSE as there are no official 1-9 grades for lower years yet.

12. Sanz1981

Sanz1981 New commenter

Would it be possible to send it to me also? We are beginning initial talks.

sanz_999@hotmail.co.uk

13. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Sorted . Cheers