1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Life Insurance for Expats

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by february31st, Sep 13, 2015.

1. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Life Insurance

My current UK life insurance policy is about to expire and I cannot renew as I am not a UK resident. So I am looking for a simple replacement.

Just looking at a basic policy where I pay 100USD/month for 125,000USD pay out with no lump sum at the end.

So if anybody has experience of such policies please pass them on!

2. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

Life insurance policy about to expire? Have a stop and a think.....

3. Hi Feb31

I'm currently paying 50Euro per month for a 200k payout in the case of my untimely demise. It is through an Allianz subsidiary. .

If you would like to PM me I can share details if you are interested.

4. mikemcdonald25

mikemcdonald25 Occasional commenter

Generali run several schemes for international teachers too.I have one like yours. I signed up to it while in Vietnam through my financial adviser although the main office for Asia is in HK.

5. clovispoint

clovispoint Occasional commenter

Avoid life insurance that has an investment attached; i.e.has an attached investment, offers a refund, lump sum at the end etc. Term insurance is what you want otherwise you are spending money on a very poor investment product.

6. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter