1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

life cycle of a butterfly dance.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Nacho gal, May 21, 2007.

1. I have got to prepare a dance lesson based on the life cycle of the butterfly (we are doing the hungry caterpillar book) I have planned what i want to do for the book but I am struggling to find some suitable music. Does anybody know of any good music for this?
    thank you :)

2. I have got to prepare a dance lesson based on the life cycle of the butterfly (we are doing the hungry caterpillar book) I have planned what i want to do for the book but I am struggling to find some suitable music. Does anybody know of any good music for this?
    thank you :)

3. In FS Music Express there is a song called Theres a Tiny caterpillar on a leaf (She'll be comming round the mountain), it suggests that in Vr 1 the children lie down and use their whole bodies to wriggle like a caterpillar,
    Vr2 Hold a partners hand and together make a huge mouth that open and closes( He will eat the leaves around him til he'e full munch munch)
    Vr3 stand on the spot and turn and spin and twist(A cocoon is what he'e spinning for his home spin spin)
    Vr4 move freely lifting arms up and down like delicate wings (Then he'll be a butterfly and fly away -flap flap)

You will need graceful music somthing like Swan Lake , or Aquarius. perhaps ??

4. Caterpillar ?Music and Movement? Story

1 Adult to read and turn on CD (e.g. Vivaldi four seasons)

?There was a beautiful caterpillar that loved to (crawl) all around. He would crawl in the trees, on the streets, on the buildings and all around. But one day the caterpillar got very sleepy and decided to (take a long nap). He began to (snore) very loud. A while later, his (eyes popped wide open) and he found that he couldn't move. He (rolled) all around but couldn't get free. He (rolled and rolled all around). He was surrounded by a shell called a cocoon that kept him from moving freely. He then (popped his left arm free). He (popped his right arm free. He popped his left foot free). He (popped his right foot free). And then he (stood up). He noticed that he was a BUTTERFLY! He began to (flap his colourful wings slowly). And then... AT THIS POINT BEGIN THE CLASSICAL MUSIC ... And say "TAKE OFF!"

The children should take off by flying all around the large space. At the beginning of the music the children fly. Next have the children walk slowly demonstrating slow movements so they can catch their breath and then have them Take Off again. At the end of the piece have the children fly back to where they began.

5. Hi I know that this was posted a long time ago, but I am now doing the same thing and wondered if you ever found suitbale music?
    Thank you

6. I thought this must be an old thread, as you don't see carlabooth posting anymore.