1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Life after teaching

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by ET1984, Sep 24, 2020.

1. ET1984

ET1984 New commenter

Earlier on in the year I handed in my resignation ( before the COVID pandemic) and I officially finished in July.

I have just been offered the first job I applied for. I am very excited to be supporting children and their families in a role within a charity. The job is flexible, interesting and I already feel valued.

I hope my post gives others hope. I was suffering from stress and anxiety and am now enjoying having my evenings back and taking up some hobbies again.

2. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

There is life after teaching - I became an educational consultant. I get the pleasure of being in the classroom but without the stress.

3. thyr

thyr Occasional commenter

You do know what people say about educational consultants, don't you?

Good luck anyway.

4. costermonger

costermonger Occasional commenter

I escaped into FE. It's a revelation.
    I honestly do not know how I survived the sh1tstorm for all those years.

5. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

Thanks. What do they say? Love my job of teaching computing in primary schools - also deliver training etc - hope nobody would question my ability - 29 years experience leading the subjest - working with Lea,.heads, focused groups, facilitator with national training agencies - quite happy with my lot

6. zetafunction

zetafunction New commenter

Well done you, I am chuffed for you, great move, I am jealous. All the very best and enjoy the freedom.