1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Life after SA club - have your say

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by gold19951, Jul 27, 2018.

1. gold19951

gold19951 Occasional commenter

Thank you - definitely feel I’m making progress.

Oh no re employment tribunal- that will be tough - but justice HAS to prevail and the more brave and strong people who take on bullying employers and win, the better. X

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Sounds good in theory but few cases DO seem to win. It's constructive dismissal and she has a good lawyer but she's fighting a huge global company so they'll have a better one perhaps.

Ah, well.

Too late now! Not very optimistic. So it'll be a bonus if there is a positive outcome. She'll have her say and I suppose it'll be embarrassing for their HR department even if she doesn't get a settlement out of it. Hey ho.

I'm still not drinking so that's a good thing! Can't afford to now anyway. ;););)

gold19951 likes this.
  3. gold19951

Oh bless you both. I had heard that employment tribunals don’t often go in the employee’s favour. Hopefully it will be as embarrassing as possible for the company then, and HM will be able to speak out.

Really well done with the not-drinking, especially when things must be stressful. Ha ha, yes the stuff is flipping expensive!
    I’ve totally fallen off from keeping up my steps, but am counting days without eating junk/bingeing and feel better!

4. grumpydogwoman

Feeling better is what it's all about.

How we achieve it is another matter. The important thing is? You feel better!

gold19951 likes this.
  5. gold19951

Hope you’re ok and that all went well with the settlement.
    Went into a slump again and didn’t want you to feel you were banging your head against a brick wall - giving good, sensible advice that wasn’t being acted upon! X

grumpydogwoman and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

It takes a while to adjust and 'falling off ' occasionally is totally allowable.:)

gold19951 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  7. grumpydogwoman

Giving up drinking is easy. You do it you don't. It's easily measurable and there's only one decision to make. Yes or no?

I find it easy to fall into bad habits. But that means I also find it easy to pack 'em in.

Look at photos of fat people! JUDGE people (silently) when you go shopping. Sorry, when you see them on the TV. Experience the revulsion (oh, and I'm far from thin btw) and try to take it from there. I dunno.

Or embrace your inner fattie and decide to be out and proud. Don't hide away. Unless you secretly enjoy hiding away.

gold19951 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  8. gold19951

Thanks Lara. X

9. gold19951

Sounds like you’ve smashed it with the drinking - fantastic news!

I’ve managed to go swimming four times so far and no-one dropped dead of shock and/or vomited - the world didn’t come to an end!

I can’t feel revulsion for fellow fatties because I know how bl00dy awful and miserable it is! I’ve been eating much more healthily, basically doing Slimming World, so I feel I’ve regained control and reminded myself that I can feel satisfied and enjoy healthy foods without the need to binge on rubbish!

I’m seeing the lady that I did CAT therapy with last year again for a private session to see if I can deal with the fear of going back into schools on supply, so I am being a bit more proactive. I definitely feel stronger than I did a few months ago, mentally that is!

Actually now that I’ve written this post, I can see that there has been some progress!

How is the young lady you’ve been helping getting on? X

SundaeTrifle likes this.
  10. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

Well done, Gold. I always feel better when I have been for a swim. It takes so much effort getting undressed and dry again, but it is a good feeling when you’ve done it. I managed to go twice last week, I’m trying to get my health back in order.

gold19951 and emerald52 like this.
  11. gold19951

Thanks Sundae. You’re right - it’s a great feeling afterwards! X

12. gold19951

I went back to the dreaded place on Wednesday to collect my things, and met up with three lovely friends I made during my time there, all of whom have been so kind and supportive, and we were each others’ “rocks” when I was there.
    This has had such a cathartic effect, and I’m feeling much more like my old self. I have been through a lot of mills over the years, and this recent blow clearly knocked me off my feet and I just needed time to start to recover. I hope to be able to post soon that I’ve done some supply.
    Anyone going through this - it does start to get better, even though a couple of weeks ago I still felt I would feel like this forever!

13. gold19951

Off to join the weight loss thread now! :-D

14. gold19951

2 stones off and just completed second week of long term supply job in my first subject. Turns out I just needed time, although it felt as if I would never recover. Thank you to all for your support and kindness, especially @grumpydogwoman Xx