I would be interested to hear others' takes on this and ask if it has happened to anyone else. I decided I was going to give up on supply at Easter, as I have only had 1 day's work since November (just 10 days altogether since last May) and I have been paying for childcare (so I can be available) two days a week since December, when our childcare vouchers ran out. I didn't inform the agency of my decision. Anyway, I was in the hairdresser's last week when I received a call from the agency asking me if I'd be interested in full-time supply in the school I have had all my work from, for a term. Now I don't want full-time work permanently, as my husband works away, we have no family or very close friends in the area we live in and I don't think it would be fair to my son long-term to have one parent away all week and one parent working as a full-time teacher. However, I thought we might be able to manage it for one term, if my childminder had a full-time space available. I checked with my childminder to find out if she had space for him earlier in the week as well and she has (didn't previously). I rang the agency back to let them know within 10 minutes of their initial call, and at this point the consultant said that was great and they'd pass my CV on to the school and I'd definitely hear back from them by the end of tomorrow. Ok, this wasn't quite what I was expecting, as they'd made it sound like the job was mine, but anyway... It is exactly a week since then and I still haven't heard back from them!!! I haven't chased them up, because as far as I'm concerned, it's up to them to contact me, as they promised. I am not cross if the job fell through, but why couldn't they have had the courtesy to let me know when they said they would. I am even wondering if this job was available at all. I am not desperate for money, so luckily for me, I can have a nice time being a stay at home mother for the summer term and ignore any contact from them, and we are probably going to relocate over the summer to join my husband, but it still isn't fair to treat people like this. I will also have to tell the childminder that the job seems to have fallen through, but I am a bit embarrassed to be in this situation. Has anyone else had a similar experience? And have you spoken to the agency about what happened, or just decided what's the point, like I have? I just expect to be fobbed off and lied to, as the little trust I had is gone, so that's why I don't see the point. Apologies in advance for lack of paragraphs. I have put them in, but I am using a Mac and they don't seem to cross platform!