1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lidl champagne

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by sashh, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Just had a quick trip to Lidle and found Champage for under £10. I just wanted to share with you lovely people.

2. Just had a quick trip to Lidle and found Champage for under £10. I just wanted to share with you lovely people.

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

Have you tried it?
    I can vouch for Aldi prosecco at £5.99 - very nice! [​IMG]

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hmmmm......I'm not sure champagne at under £10 a bottle would be very good. I'd try it if someone offered it to me but I'd probably prefer to pay more and get something really good. Sainsbury's are doing blanc de blancs champagne for £12.99 a bottle (I think). Really delish!

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

you should give the Prosecco a go, Belle: not a patch on your "normal" tipple, but a good alternative when serving crowds!

6. I tried it last night, I really liked it but it is not my usual tipple. It has been going down in price over the last few weeks, I think it started at just under £20.

Housemate prefers Lidl cava to Sainsbury and Tesco so we were actually looking for cava.

7. BelleDuJour

Will do H. I actually like prosecco but prefer it in the summer months. Thank you so much for my goose.....am really looking forward to enjoying it after Christmas! Great to see you too. Have a lovely Christmas and love to G, C and A xxx

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

Thanks Belle - and to you and the various components of your composite family.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    PS while you were in Mauritius did you get to have "Cari" (indigenous) or were you "International" only? I make a wicked "Cari" (courtesy of my Reunion friends) - you and sir Belle must come and try it!

9. BelleDuJour

We tried several Mauritian dishes but cannot remember the names..................so we must therefore come to yours! [​IMG]