1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lidl bakery

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jacob, May 7, 2012.

1. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Anyone else tried? 29p for a half baguette that is really tasty and makes a fantastic butty which you will be stuffed after eating.
    They are selling like hot .... well, bread .... round here.

2. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Anyone else tried? 29p for a half baguette that is really tasty and makes a fantastic butty which you will be stuffed after eating.
    They are selling like hot .... well, bread .... round here.

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Our Lidl doesnt have a bakery but sounds good.

4. We need a Lidl here - we have an Aldi which makes a change from the usual but you can't beat Lidl for prices!

5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I assmed that Lidl was rolling them out nationally. We have one round the corner and one about 5 miles away opposite an Aldi where you can do a mega shop with the best of both. The Lidl does ciabattas and other nice fresh bready things, but I have not tried any of them yet.
    Guess none of this may be posh enough for the likes of Bell-du-jour and her stuck up cronies.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Our local Lidl doesn't do this yet . . . . .but I live in hope . . . . or should I say "I salivate in anticipation"?

7. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Ooh, I didn't know Lidl were doing bakeries. I'm a firm believer in Lidl and Aldi.

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Im a firm believer in sex but dont mean i get it....in london most dont have a bakery!

9. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Neither do the ones near me, but I Googled and Lidl reckon they'll all have one 'soon'.
    Lidl and Aldi - cucumbers for less than 40p when Tesco were charging a pound.

10. I love lidl and Aldi but no bakery at ours. 95p for 6 medium free range eggs - best price in my area.

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Lidl with a bakery?
    Mine doesn't even sell bread!

I tell a lie - there's usually a part-baked pack of 4 rolls somewhere.

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It's ridiculous. Money is tight in our house and today we discussed (again, I might add) the neccessity of spending a little more time shopping around, to save some dosh.

13. http://www.bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/8785/Lidl_rolls_out_in-store_bakeries.html

14. I LOVE Lidl. Gutted that there isn't one in our neck of the woods. :(

15. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I love Lidls.
    I get there every other week. (I have someone take me to the supermarket once a week - and alternate between Morrisons and Lidls)
    Ours doesn't have a bakery....or didn't last time I was there. I'll have to check and see if/when we are getting one. (Morrisons has a lovely bakery...too nice!)

16. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I buy all my veg and fruit there each Sunday and other bits to about 30 quid but always a bit bugged that they dont sell big skimmed milks.

17. Yes we have one in our Lidl [​IMG]
    Croissants and cheese twists are our favourites.

18. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I love cheese twists [​IMG]

19. Cheese twists are fab. Even better when they're reduced to 20p in the Co-op after 5 p.m.

20. I am one of her friends in RL having met via TES and do most of my shopping in Lidl. She is not 'stuck up' and I am certainly not, although having been well brought up in an RAF family have certain standards inbred . Apologies if you were being ironic.