1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Library books for Edexcel Applied ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by nathanielbrown, May 17, 2011.

1. nathanielbrown

nathanielbrown New commenter

Hi,
    I'm working at a fairly new school and the public libraries around here are really poor. I know that for Unit 1 of Appliecd ICT they are suppose to have a number of source. I was wondering what books you would recommend buying for the school library that would be useful sources for unit 1 while also being interesting enough to be read by other students.
    So books about Online Service or life in The Information Age.
    I had a look on Amazon and found a few but most of them either seem to focus on one specific technology or look really dull.
    Any recommendations?

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

If you read the spec carefully the assessment requires them to research online for online services, no "bookworming".
    Most books are out of date when you buy them by their very nature.
    HTH

3. staxis

staxis New commenter

You need to read the assessment criteria carefully. The online services section requires online sources. The information age section requires a different range of sources which could include books - but it does set out quite clearly which sources should be used.