1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Libraries - who needs them?

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Harshfairy, May 23, 2011.

1. Surely libraries only encourage people without money to borrow a load of books and the books will only fill their heads with ideas above their station.

That is why my local council is closing our library!

2. Surely libraries only encourage people without money to borrow a load of books and the books will only fill their heads with ideas above their station.

That is why my local council is closing our library!

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I love my library. 9 books on Saturday...completely free!

4. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Love my library too. I've used libraries all my life.
    These days I regard the library as an oasis of calm- it's a place to which I like to escape!

5. My daughter gets at least 8 books a week from the library. I couldn't possibly supply her reading habit without it, far too expensive! She's 11, has an adult reading age and loves anything fantasy. The little one is 16 months and she joined the library at 6weeks old. She loves the board books and touchy feely books. It's also somewhere to go when schools are off and all baby groups shut down.