1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LIBF Level 2 Certificate in Financial Education

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Tony22, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Tony22

Tony22 New commenter

Anyone done/doing this? How are you finding it and has it been a success? Any tips for delivery?

2. aeg107

aeg107 New commenter

I'm going to start teaching this next week.
    Delivered a Level 3 course before.
    The SoW is decent--plenty of ideas/activities. Able to supplement with plenty of resources from pfeg site. I like the courses--extremely relevant and useful. pupils seem keen to learn more about how to look after their own money.

definitely check out www.pfeg.org

3. sohara1

sohara1 New commenter

We have run this course for the last couple of years. Really engaging for the students if you take the time on the topics to allow them to research and discuss the content. LIBF resource the course well, but will need to draw in some more than their topic texts. Make sure plenty of time is left for unit 3, especially for the lower ability student to give time over to approaches for the written paper. We had 70% of students continue on to Level 3 Finance from our cohort last year.

4. dubbn

dubbn New commenter

Hi, i am new to teaching this course and would like to get into contact with somebody who currently teaches it - mainly for advice on how to approach this qualification.