1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LGBT Teachers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mamwye, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I am interested in starting a group for LGBT teachers. It could be a group that exchanges ideas or it could be a social type group which discusses the pros and cons of being a teacher and a member of the LGBT community.

What does anyone think?

2. I am interested in starting a group for LGBT teachers. It could be a group that exchanges ideas or it could be a social type group which discusses the pros and cons of being a teacher and a member of the LGBT community.

What does anyone think?

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Welcome to TES, mamwye.

You seem to have been thinking about this for a long time ....

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I'll play.
    Isn't that straightist?

6. I'm glad you said that. I was having a brain f@rt moment and was getting it mixed up with BLTs.
    I might have joined and then I'd have got a shock.

7. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

I think you should do it - why not pitch it to the TES to start a closed forum ie apply to join (so you could get rid of the inevitable religious objectors and flamers) then take it from there.

8. As a gay teacher, I like the idea of a BLT group more than a LGBT group. Sorry, I hate anything that's earnest and avoid it.

9. All my gay friends have similar feelings to you Arthur. They just get on with it.

10. Well we could form a BLT group but I think it would inevitabley fall into disarray as the purists insist that rind is necessary and the leftys want to branch out with cos lettuce.
    Happy to give it a go though.

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I hate accronysims....so i assume this group is to do with gays and lesbians?
    Why do you need sucha forum...its bound to attract the detracters and the scoffers...let alone the anti's. I have no problem with your sexual needs or inclinations...I might have one if it leads to division in the place....Why then, for example, not have a hetrosexual only fourum.To my mind the setting up of such a group or any like it could certainly lead to conflict and concern....no matter how legal.
    I believe you shuld be able to discuss your concerns openly and face up to distactors and critics,and ' by your words will ye be known'.
    However, I am a grumpy old man, as my wife so often wishes to point out!

12. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

It took me a while to work out what LGBT was - I thought it was something like London Group of B????? teachers.

13. May the 4s be with you,PM. :¬))

14. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I'm amazed that any teacher, straight or gay, has got the time and energy to have a sex life! When I was teaching, I barely found the time for a BLT never mind t'other thing.....

15. Thank god it wasn't just me! I spent ages thinking London group of what teachers?! Bendy? Bonkers?

16. Thank goodness. It took me a while too. Must get brain in gear before September.

17. And I thought this was for London Borough of Greenwich Teachers. ( I am dyslexic)

18. Me too!!
    Maybe we should ask for our own forum.

19. bed

bed New commenter

We really need this !!
    A BLT really makes my Saturday
    and as for having a sex life - well that's what holidays are for - long workless days and weeks of nothing better to do .....!!
    [​IMG]
    (you made me smile .... hurraayy!)

20. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

you seem to have grasped the essence of the LGBT.