1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lewis Hamilton: “Boys don’t wear princess dresses!”

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Dec 27, 2017.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Small boy dresses as second class human in impractical clothes that will hamper movement and make them into object of desire with overtones of unrealistic expectations due to misfortune of high birth.
    The man was right to rebuke the child.
    Only a fool would want to be a princess.

Oh, we sell this concept to our young females do we? What the?

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Meghan Markle likes being a princess... if she can then we all can!

I want to marry Prince Harry [oh I made a rhyme]

3. elledriver

elledriver Lead commenter

Only those who wallow in victimhood think that.

NellyFUF likes this.
  4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Scintillant likes this.
  5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

"Wallow in victimhood"

Lol.

Scintillant likes this.
  6. elledriver

elledriver Lead commenter

Clearly, you think women the weaker sex, despite being a bit potty mouthed.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

No comment from here.

8. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

That deserves a slow hand-clap. Nice one.

Moony likes this.
  9. bounceback

bounceback Occasional commenter

Only just seen the video and agree it's not what it's made out to be. He was joking around and I don't think he was shaming his nephew. Maybe the child's parents should have requested their young son not be put on twitter. I don't know why some people put every detail of their lives on social media, whether they are famous or not.

I don't see why people have to apologise for things they say just because others don't like it. The apologies are usually insincere anyway. I would rather people are free to express their opinions and I am free to agree or disagree with them.

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Qu'elle surprise...

Well I do hope everyone else who subverts the swear filter gets reported. Plenty do.

11. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

[QUOTE="bounceback, post: 12344540, member: 22622521"

I don't see why people have to apologise for things they say just because others don't like it. The apologies are usually insincere anyway. I would rather people are free to express their opinions and I am free to agree or disagree with them.[/QUOTE]

I do agree. Hamilton's apology reeks of being ordered by sponsors and following a standard template. You wonder if those seriously opposed to what he said get more satisfaction from that, the forced apology, than knowing deep down he does not mean a word of it.

Hamilton lives in a macho word of real danger and adrenaline rush, with the default ability to get any woman he wants and whenever he wants.

To be shocked or offended he thinks boys should be a certain way is the problem for me.

That he then must be lynched for saying it is a real problem as I did think the days of thought policing and phony outrage were pretty much behind us.

Hamilton failed here I think as he had a wonderful opportunity to say while not wanting to cause offence that's how he feels and so tough.

12. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter