1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Levels

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by WillowFae, Jan 9, 2012.

1. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Just a quick question on levels. As an independent school we don't really use them but several departments are starting to, myself included.
    Now, I set my Year 7s an assessment piece giving them level descriptors (we are using the Your RE book and CD which comes with levelled assessment tasks). Now I have some pupils who have written a good answer which could well fit in with the level 5 descriptor (ask questions about things that are important to me and to other people etc). However, they haven't really answered the question that was set! How would you go about levelling this as they need to understand that it is important to answer the question and not write about what they think the question was, or just write what they have learnt in the unit?
    Thanks

2. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Just a quick question on levels. As an independent school we don't really use them but several departments are starting to, myself included.
    Now, I set my Year 7s an assessment piece giving them level descriptors (we are using the Your RE book and CD which comes with levelled assessment tasks). Now I have some pupils who have written a good answer which could well fit in with the level 5 descriptor (ask questions about things that are important to me and to other people etc). However, they haven't really answered the question that was set! How would you go about levelling this as they need to understand that it is important to answer the question and not write about what they think the question was, or just write what they have learnt in the unit?
    Thanks

3. I also give them the lower level if thats what theyve answered thats related to the question but we do 2 stars and a wish with our assessments so one of my stars would be about the use of higher level questions or my wish might be make sure all your work relates to the question.