1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

levels 1 a b c for year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cazkylie, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Hi can anyone tell me where i can find the information on what children need to do to get levels 1 a b or c at key stage one in year one? when im looking at their work i need to work out what they should be showing me in each subject to get the different levels.

2. Hi can anyone tell me where i can find the information on what children need to do to get levels 1 a b or c at key stage one in year one? when im looking at their work i need to work out what they should be showing me in each subject to get the different levels.

3. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

Try to find out what the assessment policy is at your school - maybe you need to use APP, maybe a commercial scheme like Ros Wilson. In my personal experience APP is not hugely useful for assessing the sublevels within level 1.

Have you seen the child friendly assessment ladders on TPET? Here is a link to the writing one for level 1 http://displays.tpet.co.uk/#/viewPost/id408

There is also reading and maths. It breaks the level criteria into sublevels so it might be a good starting part.