1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Levelling work for pupil attainement

Discussion in 'Music' started by katyf03, May 4, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I am currently studying for a PGCE in primary teaching and could do with some good advice from some teachers about levelling work.

Could anyone advise me (roughly) how much time a teacher would spend on levelling children's work for attainment?

Also, how often would a school moderate for this?

Many thanks

K

2. Hi there,

I am currently studying for a PGCE in primary teaching and could do with some good advice from some teachers about levelling work.

Could anyone advise me (roughly) how much time a teacher would spend on levelling children's work for attainment?

Also, how often would a school moderate for this?

Many thanks

K

3. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

1. As little time as possible.
    2. Never.
    Lennox

4. You've now twice successfully killed the conversation started by people looking for help. You get a level 4. Well done! PS I'll be sure not to interview you because, obviously, I always want to see candidates with their clothes off...

5. bod99

bod99 New commenter

to be fair, no-one had answered this post anyway. You can't kill a conversation that has only one post.

6. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I collect evidence each term-recordings, graphic scores etc and make notes as I go along. i have a memory stick wiht photos and ecorded performances on. I have a folder for each year group for annoatated grpahic scores, works sheetd etc.I have to level each child at the end of each term on the official school assessment sheets.hope this is helpful for you and good luck.

7. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

oops-sorry about the mistakes! If you need any more help, just ask or PM me.