1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Levelling Science work KS1,2

Discussion in 'Science' started by proudest monkey, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can find level descriptors for Sc1,2,3,4 that include NC sub-levels (for example level 3a/3b/3c. I find it very hard to show progression in Science across a year without them.

Oh, and also, anyone know of a good sheme of topic based assessment papers linked to QCA scheme.

Appreciate any ideas,

Thanks

2. Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can find level descriptors for Sc1,2,3,4 that include NC sub-levels (for example level 3a/3b/3c. I find it very hard to show progression in Science across a year without them.

Oh, and also, anyone know of a good sheme of topic based assessment papers linked to QCA scheme.

Appreciate any ideas,

Thanks

3. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

I don't thimk there are any official sublevels in the NC above level 2 - so you could just make your own up. Only, I suppose, if someone else has concocted some that suit you, it would save you the trouble.

Problem is that NC levels are written to be used very occasionally over a long period of time. That's why it's only compulsory to formally assess and report in levels once in a key stage - right at the end.

Are you being coerced to record progress by sub levels or is that the way you really want to do it?

4. Hi there I got a document off the net through the Bristol City Council that supports the Assessment of Science - It has pages for each of the QCA units for KS1 and 2 with the level descriptors expected at each level or sublevels for each unit. It also focus on SC1 and then the topic level in the unit Its not exactly what I am looking for but a good meantime document - im still after some P level information but it may assist you for some of your things your looking for - hope it helps.

Laney

http://www.bristol-lea.org.uk/teaching/primary/science/word/assessment_pro.doc

5. Thank you lanabunny have just found this link ver helpful.