1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Levelled writing assessments and differentiation

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by lovely.lady, Mar 19, 2012.

1. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

OK I know the answer to my query, personally but I just wanted to be 100% sure before I whip up a storm!
    I work in an independent school in Europe. The lit co-ordinator has no experience of APP or official writing assessments! They are putting together their own writing level assessments from a variety of sources - Lancs; Roz Wilson; Jackson McCormack etc etc - does this make a mockery of the ENC levels? Will their levels be secure when pitched against official levels? The most up to date National Standards APP AF criteria was brought to the party - but rejected!
    Also is differentiation still happening in literacy and numeracy? Silly question but was told today that most schools don't differntiate anymore!

2. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

OK I know the answer to my query, personally but I just wanted to be 100% sure before I whip up a storm!
    I work in an independent school in Europe. The lit co-ordinator has no experience of APP or official writing assessments! They are putting together their own writing level assessments from a variety of sources - Lancs; Roz Wilson; Jackson McCormack etc etc - does this make a mockery of the ENC levels? Will their levels be secure when pitched against official levels? The most up to date National Standards APP AF criteria was brought to the party - but rejected!
    Also is differentiation still happening in literacy and numeracy? Silly question but was told today that most schools don't differntiate anymore!

3. Differentiation still very much alive and well.