1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level thresholds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by grizzer, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi, does anyone have the level thresholds for 1998 Year 3 optional maths tests?
    I would really appreciate the help as I've got the Year 3 teachers to give the test & now can't give the children levels!
    Thanks

2. Hi, does anyone have the level thresholds for 1998 Year 3 optional maths tests?
    I would really appreciate the help as I've got the Year 3 teachers to give the test & now can't give the children levels!
    Thanks

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

4. I've checked the website on the next message, but I can't see how it takes into account Part A (to Qu 34) and then Part B for some children, plus the mental test. If the children complete A + B + Mental - it comes to more than 59??

5. WolfPaul

WolfPaul Occasional commenter

The mental arithmetic was not counted as part of the 1998 test for the purposes of calculating levels.

6. I'm pretty sure you do either a or b depending on ability.

7. WolfPaul

WolfPaul Occasional commenter

From memory, I think that more able children should continue onto part B. However, the test was never designed to include the mental arithmetic, which was added in. It mever formed part of the threshold scores.