1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level threshold tables for sats

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Alena, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Alena

Alena New commenter

Hi all,

I have discarded my paperwork for this year and forgot to note down when the level threshold tables are released for Key Stage 2. Does anyone know? It is usually around about now.

Many thanks,

Alena

2. Level threshold and age standardised scores tables available on the NAA website at naa.org.uk/tests on Monday 22nd June.

3. How does this help you unless you 'marked' the scripts before they were sent away?!

4. Jontyblue

Schools will use this information to calculate the abc sections for each
    level because this is not recorded on the marksheet but is used later on Raiseonline.

I know many will say there is no such thing as a 4a, 5b but when the data
    comes through from Raiseonline it clearly shows the sub-level against the
    children's name in the core subjects.

Hope that helps! [​IMG]

5. Alena

Alena New commenter

Many thanks Tigermet.

Alena

6. I don't think there's any need for sarcasm Jontyblue, you asked why people wanted them. Of course people haven't marked them before they were sent away, but we do want to know what the level thresholds are, out of interest and also so that we can work out boundaries so that we can calculate the levels as soon as they come back to school.

Was very useful last year, as the scripts came back without any levels on - am I right in thinking that won't be the case this year? Not long to wait now people!

7. Thanks for the reply Jontyblue.

I am sorry that you took offence to my reply but I was only
    trying to provide some information as to why schools would use the threshold
    tables. I am disappointed about the sarcastic
    nature of your reply because I personally feel this was unnecessary and this viewpoint
    seems to be supported by others who have posted in this discussion.

8. The levels are written on the yellow mark sheets by the markers.

9. Thank you. These don't contain the sublevels though, we need to work these out so that we can compare results against FFT predicitions.

10. I like to know what the threshold is to see how far they have moved the goals post for a level 4. Almost every year its a different number of marks to gain a certain level!

11. I have split these into sub levels, thought they might be helpful to someone else? I have weighted towards the 'a' when not an even split, some of you may well prefer to weight towards the 'b' (personally I think this makes more sense but my head has 'suggested' that I do it this way.
    <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="MsoTableGrid" style="border-collapse:collapse;border:medium none;"><tr><td style="padding-right:5.4pt;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;background-color:transparent;border:windowtext 1pt solid;">
    </td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">2c = 20
    2b = 21
    2a = 22</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">3c = 23 &ndash; 29
    3b = 30 &ndash; 36
    3a = 37 &ndash; 43</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">4c = 44 &ndash; 51
    4b = 52 &ndash; 58
    4a = 59 &ndash; 66</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">5c = 67 &ndash; 77
    5b = 78 &ndash; 89
    5a = 90 - 100</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;">3c = 12 &ndash; 13
    3b = 14 &ndash; 15
    3a = 16 &ndash; 18</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">4c = 19 &ndash; 22
    4b = 23 &ndash; 26
    4a = 27 &ndash; 30</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">5c = 31 &ndash; 36
    5b = 37 &ndash; 43
    5a = 44 - 50</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3"> </font></td></tr></table><font size="3"> </font> <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="MsoTableGrid" style="border-collapse:collapse;border:medium none;"><tr><td style="padding-right:5.4pt;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;width:142.05pt;padding-top:0cm;background-color:transparent;border:windowtext 1pt solid;">
    </td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142.05pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">3c = 11 &ndash; 14
    3b = 15 &ndash; 19
    3a = 20 &ndash; 24</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142.05pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">4c = 25 &ndash; 27
    4b = 28 &ndash; 31
    4a = 32 &ndash; 35</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142.05pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">5c = 36 &ndash; 40
    5b = 41 &ndash; 45
    5a = 46 &ndash; 50</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142.05pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3"> </font></td></tr></table>
    <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="MsoTableGrid" style="border-collapse:collapse;border:medium none;"><tr><td style="padding-right:5.4pt;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;background-color:transparent;border:windowtext 1pt solid;">
    </td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">2c = 15
    2b = 16
    2a = 17</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">3c = 18 &ndash; 26
    3b = 27 - 35
    3a = 36 &ndash; 45</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">4c = 46 &ndash; 55
    4b = 56 &ndash; 65
    4a = 66 &ndash; 76</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">5c = 77 &ndash; 84
    5b = 85 &ndash; 92
    5a = 93-100</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">Science </font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">2c = 18
    2b = 19
    2a = 20</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">3c = 21 &ndash; 26
    3b = 27 &ndash; 32
    3a = 33 &ndash; 39</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">4c = 40 &ndash; 46
    4b = 47 &ndash; 54
    4a = 55 &ndash; 62</font></td></tr><tr><td style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-left:5.4pt;padding-bottom:0cm;border-left:windowtext 1pt solid;width:142pt;padding-top:0cm;border-bottom:windowtext 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;"><font size="3">5c = 63 &ndash; 68
    5b = 69 &ndash; 74
    5a = 75 &ndash; 80</font></td></tr></table>

12. Useful thanks but as you say, should be weighted towards 'b' sub-level - your head needs to learn about standard distributions, me thinks! But I can imagine why s/he wants it weighted towards 'a'...

13. Strange that for all but writing it's 1 mark harder to get a 4, and one mark easier for a 5!

It's very annoying - last yr I had 7 in maths on 77 marks, so missing out on 5 by one. This year they'd have got it!