1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level Progress in Art and Design KS3

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by dana_leigh, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Hi everyone

I just want to find out a bit more about how you all level at key stage 3

When I trained 10 years ago the levels were divided a bit into year groups ie year 7, Levels 3-5, year 8 Levels 4-6 and year 9 Levels 5-7 and exceptionally level 8

over the 10 years I've hardly even levelled any year 9 above level 6a.

The other day I had an observation which showed that my class (year 8) were not making progress based on their KS2 data and set target but are making progress according to their year 7 baseline data.

My question is twofold

1) what do you expect level wise averagely for each year group? Do you teach them this way or do you level 3-8 regardless of their age?

2) does your school/do you find them making progress against KS2 average data or do you baseline test and progress from there?

I am looking to modify my teaching to match my schools data expectations but I have never seen a school/department teach differently from how I have done over the 10 years (I've not just taught in the one school) and am looking for ideas on how to modify tasks to fit such a wide range.

I've not been an any courses or CPD training for 5 years because my school only seem to allow it for new recruits or NQT's. When I asked to go to a new curriculum course it was denied.

Thanks in advance