1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

level 5 and 6 texts needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by groovyshell83, Feb 11, 2012.

1. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

Hi all. I recently attended a course on the new level 6 ks2 tests. While i was there, the people running the course were talking about how we have to give children good models of fiction stories so they can imitate these books. Now this is common sense however they failed to be able to suggest any such stories. Has anyone got any authors that they particularly like for getting the use of different sentence structures and authrs viewpoint etc across?

2. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

Hi all. I recently attended a course on the new level 6 ks2 tests. While i was there, the people running the course were talking about how we have to give children good models of fiction stories so they can imitate these books. Now this is common sense however they failed to be able to suggest any such stories. Has anyone got any authors that they particularly like for getting the use of different sentence structures and authrs viewpoint etc across?

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Any high quality fiction should include examples. Look at KS3 suggested reading lists online

4. I think they will not learn as much about how to write well from a good book as they will from a good text of the sort of length you expect them to write.
    That is what you need to be looking for ... or to be modelling how to write in entirety.