1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 5/7 Dyslexia Qualifications

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by cornflake, Jan 15, 2020.

1. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

hi
    A quick question - and maybe a daft one.
    I am self-funding the Level 5 via BDA at the mo, and in the future hope to do the L7.
    Do I actually need to buy relevant standardised assessments to use or is there a place/library you can "borrow them" in order to get the assignments/tasks done? I don't know of any local schools that have these.... and am beginning to worry about the additional costs.

2. SayItLikeItIs

SayItLikeItIs Occasional commenter

Not a daft question at all. In total, the tests would cost you ££££ and at this stage you may not know whether you want to continue as an assessor post-qualification. My course provider had a few copies of each test and so loaned them out us in turn, meaning that we had a fairly limited time frame in which to do our supervised diagnostic testing. If yours doesn't have a lending scheme, then you could try your local Patoss Group, as some of them have a library of tests which they are prepared to loan.

3. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

Thank you for your kind reply. I was slightly staggered at how much the tests cost!

I'm doing this online (alone!) so no lending provider to borrow from at the moment - but I will search out a local group. I appreciate the suggestion.

Best wishes