1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 3 Diploma

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by wheelytim79, May 11, 2011.

1. Just applied to do level 3 Diploma (knowledge-based) home study course, but all the units are what I covered on my NVQ Level 2 Support Teaching & Learning in Schools course. Are these similar? Or are they same units but in more depth? Is it worth doing or should I cancel course?

2. Hi there,

I've just enrolled on the same and looking through the course handbook, it appears to me to be the same as level 2 (NVQ) but aqs you say, based a lot more on the theory and more in depth to give you a greater understanding. There's more research and "explaining" to do than with level 2 and less reflective work.
    I hope that helps!
    [​IMG]

3. I'm currently doing the level 3 diploma at college, all the units are very similar to NVQ2 but like you say are in more depth and some are slightly different to the NVQ. Personally I think it's worth doing, I don't regret it..... just can't wait until I've finished it though as it's a lot of work! (Much the same work load as the NVQ 2)