1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce DIploma

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Yogs, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Hi I have just signed up to do the Children and Young People's Workforce Diploma, however as a class TA in KS2 most of the units are not relevant to my role. I have been on the CIty and Guilds website where it states this qualification does not replace the supporting learning and teaching in schools course. I am feeling pretty cross as I've just spent £20 on the course study book. Has anyone taken this course and is it useful for a TA(other than in an early years setting)?Everything I have read suggests that this course is for early years, childminders, learning mentors and social care or residential workers. I have no desire to spend hours working towards the wrong qualification. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you !

2. I did this course last year. I would say that it is for EYFS not for KS2. Speak to your Headteacher and find out if there is a Teaching Assistant course you can go on or one that is more suited to your job role. Good Luck [​IMG]

3. Thank you, this confirms my suspicions. I have withdrawn from the course and have just completed my needs analysis for HLTA status, so hopefully things are heading in the right direction now.