1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 3 Assignment Help Please....

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by sjweston, Oct 1, 2015.

1. sjweston

sjweston New commenter

Help please.... Desperately trying to finish my course and have 2 bits left to write about, would appreciate ideas as after a full day as SEN TA for 2 demanding but adorable ASD children my brain is rather wiped out....

1) Outline and Discuss the System of Grades used by Ofsted? So do I literally give an overview of what is needed to achieve those grades and what that might mean to a school? Help?

2) Analyse the effectiveness of detentions as a sanction for secondary aged pupils. You should conduct wider research for this question. Do you think detentions are an effective sanction? Give reasons for your answer. The problem I have is that I have not got any secondary school contacts. I have googled but haven't really found anything and posted on a different forum (albeit a while ago so could repost).....

Any ideas much appreciated. Want to finalise this as then I can get my course completed and finally receive my certificate!! I've been trying to finish these 2 assignments for a few months but its' been a very tough year as lost my Dad after a long battle with cancer. Then had 3 other close relatives/friends pass away too but I've hit a point where I've told myself its time to finish and prove what I'm capable of. Except I've sort of lost my mojo and need to find it again. I'm now super tired as its late so please excuse the ramblings.

Thank you :)

2. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

Sorry to hear that.
    1. Yes I would think so. I would outline a little about Ofsted date it began etc then the grades information about each one and subsequent effect on the staff, governors and school.
    2. This is a difficult one. Could you send out a brief questionnaire to your local secondaries asking what their detentions are. Failing getting a reply you could contact a TA at the school and ask if they would be willing to help. You could post on Tes. Someone is bound to have written a paper if you google it.

Sorry I can't help more but perhaps someone else can. Good luck with getting it finished. Try setting aside half an hour to hour as getting started is often the difficult bit. Make a list and chunk it. Work through the chunks and you will probably do a bit more once you get started. Even if you just do half an hour you will feel an achievement.