1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 2 TA Interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Dyesie65, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dyesie65

Dyesie65 New commenter

Hi to all the TA's & Teachers out there.

Got my first ever Level 2 TA interview next week. Selection process requires "each candidate to do a short learning activity with some pupils (details of which will be given on the morning of the interview)" No further details are given.

I accept this is not much detail but would welcome any insight on this. How would others approach such a session, any standout things to include or avoid, any generic tools you can bring into an undefined brief like this , what will the selectors be looking for ?

I am clearly keen to do as much preparation as possible but not much to go on.

Thanks for any views - it all helps.

2. RuthTom

RuthTom Occasional commenter

Ring and ask. It sounds as though they have planned out the activity for you already and you have to deliver it.

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

The school has stated the details will be given on the morning of the interview. It obviously wants the candidates to think on their feet.

4. Dyesie65

Dyesie65 New commenter

thanks both of you, that has actually helped clarify my thinking. I was torn between asking for a clearer brief, and thereby showing my great enthusiasm to fully prep for the session ! ;-) But I did suspect the implication was for candidates to improvise on the day. Its useful to see that is how Ms Me has interpreted it too. Thanks both